Pregnancy Yoga in Bicester / Prenatal Yoga in Bicester
The Clifton Centre, Ashdene Road, Bicester OX26 2BH
Book your place now
Ladies choose to come to pregnancy yoga classes for many reasons, including:
- To learn how to relieve back, neck and shoulder aches
- To learn breathing techniques for relaxation prior to and during the birth
- To stretch and exercise in a safe environment, under the guidance of a specially trained teacher
- To have another way of bonding with your baby
- To meet other Mums to be
Your teacher is Elaine Whittaker. I've been teaching yoga for about 10 years having trained for three years with the British Wheel of Yoga to gain my teaching Diploma, and have subsequently undertaken specialist pregnancy yoga teacher training with yogagro. I also have a Level 3 qualification in adapting exercise for pre and postnatal clients. You can therefore be sure that you are in safe hands. Everything we do in the sessions is tailored to suit the needs of pregnant women.
You can attend Pregnancy Yoga classes from week 14 of your pregnancy.
At the sessions you will:
- Practice gentle movements and stretches to relieve back ache
- Discover ways of letting go tightness in neck and shoulders
- Learn breathing techniques for relaxation prior to and during the birth
- Enjoy releasing tension from mind and body
- Know that you are exercising in a safe environment, under the guidance of a specially trained teacher
- Experience new ways of bonding with your baby
- Meet other Mums to be
Pregnancy yoga classes are booked in 'terms' of 4 consecutive weeks which you can start when you wish. Contact me to book your place - by email or phone 07917 453224.
Venue: The Clifton Centre, Ashdene Road, Bicester, OX26 2BH
(behind the KEA Club)
Bring: Yoga/camping/exercise mat, blanket, pillow/cushion
Price: £42 for the 4 weeks. A deposit of £15 secures your place, with the balance of £27 due a few days before you start your class block.
Your fee includes:
- Four lovely relaxing yoga classes - on the dates above
- Your 'Yoga during Pregnancy' guide
- Guided relaxation recording for you to enjoy at home
- Voucher for discount on Tropic natural skincare products
- Voucher worth £240 for a photography session with All People Photography
- Voucher worth £40 for coaching with Jackie Meek - Future Life Path Coaching - 'Sparkling Just Do It or Premium Packages
- Voucher worth ove £280 for free maternity photo pacakge with The Second Star Photography
You do need to book as places are limited. You can book by email or phone 07917 453224
If you sruggle to get away from work in time to attend classes, you may find this article useful. If your Midwife, GP or hospital Consultant feels pregnancy yoga is useful for you, you are entitled to time off work to attend. Other links you may find helpful:
Read my blog post about yoga during pregnancy.
POST NATAL YOGA & PILATES
If you're feeling a bit like the pic below, from 6 weeks after normal delivery, once you've had the OK at your 6 week check up, you are very welcome to attend my yoga or pilates classes. I have specialist training in postnatal adjustments so will be able to advise you how to work safely and enjoyably. After a Cesarean, I advise waiting 12 weeks.
Alternatively, if you feel you would like a 1-1 class, I can also offer this - can be useful to learn how to re-engage the muscles you had to let go of during pregnancy. Sessions last approximately one hour - are tailored for your needs - and cost £45.