Pregnancy Yoga in Bicester / Prenatal Yoga in Bicester
The Clifton Centre, Ashdene Road, Bicester OX26 2BH
Ladies choose to come to pregnancy yoga classes for many reasons, including:
- To learn how to relieve back, neck and shoulder aches
- To learn breathing techniques for relaxation prior to and during the birth
- To stretch and exercise in a safe environment, under the guidance of a specially trained teacher
- To have another way of bonding with your baby
- To meet other Mums to be
Your teacher is Elaine Whittaker. I've been teaching yoga for about 10 years having trained for three years with the British Wheel of Yoga to gain my teaching Diploma, and have subsequently undertaken specialist pregnancy yoga teacher training with yogagro. I also have a Level 3 qualification in adapting exercise for pre and postnatal clients. You can therefore be sure you are in safe hands. Everything we do in the sessions is tailored to suit the needs of pregnant women.
Classes are structured into courses of four weeks which you can attend from week 14 of your pregnancy.
At the sessions you will:
- Practice gentle movements and stretches to relieve back ache
- Discover ways of letting go tightness in neck and shoulders
- Learn breathing techniques for relaxation prior to and during the birth
- Enjoy releasing tension from mind and body
- Know that you are exercising in a safe environment, under the guidance of a specially trained teacher
- Experience new ways of bonding with your baby
- Meet other Mums to be
Each course is slightly different so that you can attend as many as you wish during your pregnancy.
Next course : Tuesdays - 14 Nov, 21 Nov, 28 Nov, 5 Dec
Venue: The Clifton Centre, Ashdene Road, Bicester, OX26 2BH
(behind the KEA Club)
Bring: Yoga/camping/exercise mat, blanket, pillow/cushion
Price: £42 for the course. A deposit of £15 secures your place, with the balance of £27 due a few days before we start the course.
Your course fee includes:
- Four lovely relaxing yoga classes - on the dates above
- Your 'Yoga during Pregnancy' guide
- Guided relaxation recording for you to enjoy at home
- Voucher for discount on Tropc natural skincare products
- Voucher worth £240 for a photography session with All People Photography
- Voucher worth £40 for coaching with Jackie Meek - 'Sparkling Just Do It or Premium Packages
You do need to book as places are limited. You can book by email or phone 07917 453224
Read my blog post about yoga during pregnancy.
POST NATAL YOGA & PILATES
From 6 weeks after normal delivery, once you've had the OK at your 6 week check up, you are very welcome to attend my yoga or pilates classes. I have specialist training in postnatal adjustments so will be able to advise you how to work safely and enjoyably. After a Cesarean, I advise waiting 12 weeks.